Dakota is a woman-owned small 8(a) IT services business. Dakota is a growing progressive business that offers competitive salary, benefits, and a commitment to quality to our clients. Dakota is seeking a seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer to contribute to the consistency and growth of the QA competency across the team.
From a client delivery perspective, the Quality Assurance Engineer will assist in Product Owner engagement, acceptance criteria definition, and to lead the creation of an automated test suite. The Quality Assurance Engineer will also serve as a knowledgeable resource in advising the (Scrum) Team on tools and techniques to improve test-driven development through the development, collection, analysis, and reporting of test scripts and test results.
The majority of the work will be completed at Dakota Consulting's Corporate Office in Silver Spring, MD with weekly meetings at the client site in Riverdale, MD.
- Automated Acceptance Test Script Authoring: Support assigned Scrum Team in developing test cases and test scripts (automated and manual), based on acceptance criteria, in support of test driven development.
- Apply quality control/quality assurance management procedures, including implementing a program of reporting, tracking and analyzing key metrics, monitoring quality procedures and participating in software reviews and testing
- Evaluate, recommend, and use software engineering processes and methodologies
- Determine and apply the latest commercial products and procedures for identifying software errors and evaluating software quality and efficiency
- Interpret and apply Government regulations, manuals, and standards relating to quality assurance
- Maintain the level of quality throughout the software and system life cycle
- Develop and present software and system quality assurance plans
- Conduct formal and informal reviews at predetermined points throughout the development life cycle
- Facilitate internal and external awareness and knowledge of Scrum, Agile, and XP
- Build client trust and respect, establish client relationships, and develop rapport with client
- Facilitate continuous improvement within the system
- 5-7 years of diverse experience in a software quality assurance and testing role with at least 2 years in direct support of a large Scrum effort or recent degree in lieu of experience in Computer Science, ITS, and/or MIS (software) combined with knowledge and capability to create/author User Acceptance Test Scripts in a current automated testing software for Java Web Applications
- Fluent and experienced in Agile/Scrum and in supporting Agile efforts, preference given to Scrum Alliance Certified applicants and/or PMI-ACP applicants
- Experience with automated test suite creation and execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Client friendliness with the ability to build and maintain trusting and value added client relationships
- Ability to work independently and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, with minimal supervision
- Experience with intergovernmental projects and communications is a plus
- Experience with Rally and/or other ALM software preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
Dakota Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident and be able to obtain a position of public trust with the US Government.