Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Employment Term: Regular
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Associate Degree
Required Experience: 1 to 3 years
Required Security Clearance: Public Trust
Related Categories: IT - Operations and Support
GBS Dakota IT (www.gbsdakota.com), an 8(a) joint venture between two small businesses, GBS Solutions Corporation (GBS) and Dakota Consulting, Inc. GBS (www.gbssol.com) is a 100% Minority Owned Small Business, SBA 8(a) Certified, Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB) that provides superior technical and analytical personnel who are proficient in research, analysis, and training. Dakota delivers the highest quality, innovative business, and technical solutions. Together, our team delivers cost-effective, world-class IT and business solutions that consistently exceed customer expectations in all areas.
We are actively recruiting for an IT Customer Support Analyst to support the IT and Financial Service Desk support services program of the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s (NIST) Office of Information Systems Management (OISM) Customer Access and Support Division (CASD). The place of performance for this position will be on-site at NIST headquarters in Gaithersburg, Maryland. Public Trust Clearance Required.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides customer-facing support in a team-based center environment.
- Perform password reset, onboarding tasks, new account creations, and credential hand off.
- Ability to work in fast paced environments to quickly adapt to changes.
- Carry out Tier 1 tasks with a shift-left service approach.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks to resolve reported incidents and requests at Tier 1 resulting in increased customer satisfaction and productivity.
- Generating ServiceNow tickets and document comprehensive details of the customer environment to escalate to the appropriate support group for resolution.
- Advises and assists customers in problem-solving activities using information center tools such as KBs to resolve problems.
- Possesses functional knowledge and understanding of IT products and services to deliver solutions to customer inquiries on current and future products with emphasis on products in production, including Windows, MAC, iOS, Linux, Microsoft suite software, and Android systems.
- Communicates, reports, documents, and monitors service disruptions.
- Participates in ongoing training to learn new services, policies, and procedures towards continuous improvement efforts for service desk processes and the customer experience.
- Self-motivator and initiative driven.
- Monitor ticket queues to meet production and quality standards.
- Work Service Desk tasks as needed by the Team Lead or Supervisor.
At least one year of experience in customer service:
- Supporting IT technology and customers of technology in a customer support function.
- Assisting with shared drives/mapping drives, resetting passwords, walking customers through basic troubleshooting task, updating credentials, documenting and assigning hardware issues., and educating customers on IT procedures.
- Educating customers on IT procedures.
- Applying standard operating processes and procedures.
- Assisting in providing customers with instructions or information to answer questions, satisfy a request, or solve a problem.
- Clearly and accurately document details in call logging and tracking tools of the customer reported issue or request to track customer engagements and capture customer interaction to escalate to the appropriate support group for resolution.
Skills and Abilities
- MS Office Suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Teams).
- Functional knowledge and understanding of IT products and services to deliver solutions to customer inquiries on current and future products with emphasis on products in production, including Windows, MAC, iOS, Linux, Microsoft suite software, and Android systems.
- ServiceNow functionality and KB searches and creating KBs
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively with other team members in face paced environments.
- Must be detailed and deadline oriented.
- Ability to execute call control to navigate calls in an efficient manner
- Relationship management and customer advocacy
- Quickly receive information to update and adapt to change.
- Excellent customer care skills and abilities—effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills are key.
Education / Certification Requirements
- Associates degree OR HDI Customer Service Representative Certification OR any ITIL Certification
- Public Trust security clearance
Qualified applicants please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Manager, Dakota Consulting, Inc., 1110 Bonifant Street, Suite 310, Silver Spring, MD 20910.
Dakota Consulting, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AA/M/F/Vet/Disability